Марат Сафин

Мария Шарапова

Дмитрий Турсунов

Женский теннис

ТОП 10 в теннисе

  • Roger Federer (11,350)
  • Novak Djokovic (8,310)
  • Rafael Nadal (7,440)
  • Andy Murray (7,255)
  • Juan Martin Del Potro (6,275)
  • Nikolay Davydenko (5,290)
  • Robin Soderling (3,905)
  • Andy Roddick (3,720)
  • Marin Cilic (2,970)
  • Fernando Gonzalez (2,925)


Члены ассоциации

Теннис Онлайн

2007-05-20 13:30:16
Blueberry написал(а):

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sorry guys, but I have had no time to write the blog tonight. I hope you understand. But I promise I will write a blog tomorrow while I am traveling by train to London and you can see how much stuff I have to give you. I am going to London to play singles and doubles at Queen's.

Monday, June 12, 2006

So hi everyone and also farewell. This is my last post and it comes one day later than expected, but as I said yesterday I just couldn't make it - you can imagine how crazy the day was and how happy I was. I couldn't believe it.

To tell you the truth I will talk about the match a little bit although I think everything has been said through the media. I was very nervous at the beginning and Roger played unbelievably well in the first set. The combination of those two factors made the first set go very fast.

Anyway, I will start with the day of the final and then talk about how it was today. A lot of things have happened! I don't think I can tell everything... we would need 12 posts to tell the last two days but I will try to give you some information about the interesting things that happened to me.
First of all I am sending a picture of me in the locker room one hour before the match starts – the picture was taken at 2pm. (Editor's note: photo is currently unavailable. Check back later.) You can see I was watching TV and getting my racquets ready as usual. You all saw the match so I won't analyze that.

Hugging my father When the match was over I needed to get into the stands as quickly as I could to hug my family. To me the family is everything and I wanted to hug my uncles, my mother and especially my father. And I will tell you what I told him. I said to my father, “Daddy, thanks for everything,” and we just cried. I guess that's why he didn't want to release me – because he didn’t want people to see that he was crying. It was a special moment.
I got my trophy and when I was having my briefing before getting the trophy I had mentioned to Benito of the ATP that I would talk a lot about Roger, so I did. I gave my speech in Spanish. When in the second sentence I said how great Roger is people were booing. I didn't know what it was. I thought maybe something had happened or maybe they misunderstood the translation. Afterwards we all realized the translator did not say what I said. The crowd thought I was talking about myself. It was just a misunderstanding. I was praising Roger, not myself, and I will always praise Roger because he is a great guy and a great champion.
Signing an autograph for Ilie Nastase in the locker roomBefore we talk about going into locker room, let me say getting the trophy was very emotional for me. To pick up the trophy, especially to see the Spanish flag going up while the national anthem was being played for me, was a special moment.

We went back to the locker room after we did all the TV interviews and there the Princess of Spain with her husband waiting at the entrance of the locker room. We just talked and took some pictures. So thank you again to them for coming.
Not too many people are allowed in the locker room but the few who are allowed, they are not just anybody. I took a picture with Guillermo Vilas, with all my team and also I had the surprise with Pau Gasol, the NBA star player, who came to the locker room to congratulate me. So that was great.
Me with Pau GasolBack to the media… it was a long press conference then live Spanish TV and then back down to do radios and then back up for more TV and then another part of the site for more TV. Anyway, I forgot I had to do the anti-doping test. It was around 10pm that I went into the room to do the test.

Anyway, to tell the story short, we left the site around 10.45 with all my family waiting in the hotel. We had scheduled to go to the Spanish embassy... that is a tradition to say hi to the ambassador. We got there very late at 11.20, so I have to apologize, as that's not the right time to go into anyone's house. To go to the embassy, that is exciting as people are waiting for you, you have the flags and everything. I got there and we left at midnight and Carlos Costa, my manager, had booked a nice restaurant, Trocadero, with a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower.

At the Spanish Embassy in Paris the night of my winThere we had all my family, all my friends who came, all my sponsors we had invited to be there with us. It was great. What did I eat? I had a carpccio salmon and chicken with curry and rice. I was so hungry, you cannot believe it. Really hungry. So I had a lot to eat.

Then after dinner we went to a place to have a couple of drinks and move a little bit the body. But not much as you know I am already in London writing this blog. This last blog.

I got up very, very early because I had a TV interview scheduled, then a photo shoot with the trophy in the middle of Paris… I think there were more photographers this year than last year. I am also sending a picture of that.

But we had to do a picture pretty quickly and then rushed back to hotel, got our luggage and then went to the train station. It was scheduled at 1.04pm, we got to the station at 12.55 pm. The bookings were done but they were too slow giving us the tickets, so we missed the train and believe me guys, this is no good. We were there for two hours waiting, but what can you do? You just wait. We caught the train and then had the chance to sleep a little bit. We were just in normal seats, not a sleeper cabin, as it was only a three hour trip

Early morning photos on Monday in ParisOn the train I had the great surprise of the Prince of Spain calling me. He said he was amazed by the performance and that was really nice. I really appreciated it.

We got to London and my first thoughts were, What do I do now? Well, I'm going to practice. I got to the hotel, quickly got changed, went to practice and here I am writing the blog which I have to finish quickly to rush to a restaurant as we go live on TV with a Spanish TV show, doing a satellite link, I think that’s what it’s called, with Spain's national goalkeeper Casillas.

I am not coming to London with my uncle Toni, he is taking a little break. Francisco Roig, one of Feliciano Lopez’s coaches, will give me a hand this week.

Anyway, I just wanted to say before finishing the post thank you all for reading it, for being there and supporting me. I haven't had time to read all the comments you have been posting but I promise I will read them all... I just don't know how long it will take me!

Thanks again for all your support. Please keep logging onto my web page www.rafaelnadal.com because I will be interacting with you through the page and also keep reading ATPtennis.com if you want to follow what happens on the circuit.


Подпись автора

Осень опять надевается с рукавов,
Электризует волосы - ворот узок.
Мальчик мой, я надеюсь, что ты здоров
И бережёшься слишком больших нагрузок.
Мир кладёт тебе в книги душистых слов,
А в динамики - новых музык.
Город после лета стоит худым,
Зябким, как в семь утра после вечеринки.
Ничего не движется, даже дым.
Только птицы под небом плавают, как чаинки,
И прохожий смеется паром, уже седым.

В ролевой-Дмитрий Т.,Андрей Ч.,Анна Ч.,Новак Дж.,Настя М.,мама АнИ,Алена Б.,Доминика Ц.,Вика А.,Ксю,Крис А.,Флавия П.,Андрей П.

Версия для печати